Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ubuntu LTSP over Wifi (Continued)

This entry is a continuation of Unfinished business: Ubuntu LTSP over Wifi
I have a laptop with a built-in Atheros wireless adapter and an Belkin wireless usb adapter. After some more testing with the customized initial ramdisk, I realized that, while I could use the custom image and easily start the LTSP client with the Atheros interface, on the other hand, Belkin kept dropping the connection and failed to acquire the IP address. I am probably missing something here. However, since I am only beginning to explore the realm of ramdisk customization, I'll pass on trying to get the Belkin adapter to work for now and search for different inexpensive wifi usb adapters to work with.
I'll write more on this after further testing.
In the mean time, I would also welcome any help with getting the Belkin wireless adapter to work.



Progress on this topic can be followed on the following pages:
Unfinished business: Ubuntu LTSP over Wifi
Ubuntu LTSP over Wifi (Continued)
Ubuntu LTSP over WIFI - TP-LINK TL-WN422G
Ubuntu LTSP over WIFI - TP-LINK TL-WN422G - Update

No comments:

Post a Comment